Friday, September 7, 2012

The Uglies

Today I started to read The Uglies. I had heard about these books before and thought I'd like to read them but never really did. Today I finally started reading it...well only because I didn't have anything else to read.

The book takes place more in the future where people get surgically changed to make them a "pretty" if you are not a "pretty" then you're considered an "ugly". "Uglies" are not allowed to go out anywhere except for at night. If an "ugly" gets caught outside they are punished.

I don't think anyone should be told how to dress, or what they should look like, or why they can't be part of a certain crowd, or discriminated in any way, shape, or form.

Uglies 9/7/2012 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/Uglies_book.jpg/220px-Uglies_book.jpg


If you discriminate against omeone because of that it is just a horribly wrong thing to do. no one hould have that done to them for any reason at all.

I think kids today have a hard time being themselves and liking who they are and what they look like. Society has many pre designed ways of how thing and people should look. If I ran society people could loook however they wanted and how ever they feel comfortable with themselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment