Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Uglies: Continued

This week, I am continuing to read The Uglies.  So far, this book has been very interesting. I like the differences of both Prettyville and Uglyville. In Uglyville people are always hiding and they can't do much but in Prettyville,they have parties almost every night and most times all night long.

This book so far is good. It has an interesting control quality to it, where a certain group of people are trying to control how everyone looks in the world. In some ways I think the book is like The Hunger Games, in the Games people try and control what Districts can and cannot do.

I think it is important for people to choose how they look. In the book not even the Uglies can choose what the doctors change them as.  The doctors have free range of what they want everyone to look like.

To me I don't know what I would do if I couldn't choose the way I wanted to look and had to be fake like everyone else.

I know I may not be perfect but I'm not fake.

Barbie 9/11/2012 http://data.whicdn.com/images/24017858/barbie-fake-funny-jealous-quotes-Favim.com-318627_large.jpg 


When I think of this book, I often think of this picture. The people in the book in order to be a Pretty it's almost like they are transforming you into a Barbie doll. Some of the people actually want to be Barbies in the book but others are hesitant about it. They are worried that when they are changed it  will changed their who personality.

In all I think girls and guys could learn something about this book in the fact that, no matter who you are you can be beautiful without being changed into a Barbie. It's your heart and your personality that make you who you are and should truly have people to like you for.

2 comments:

  1. This is something I've always wondered about: if we should all be allowed to choose how we look, then is it fair to condemn people who choose to be "fake"? I remember Michael Jackson's ex-wife defending his plastic surgery, talking about him as an artist. So is it okay for people to choose to look a way that is different from how they were born?

    PS I really like how you are bringing up philosophical issues AND tying what you read to things you've read before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truthfully, I believe you should love yourself for the way you are. Plastic surgery or other procedures like it should only be used when there is a serious health issue, for example getting a nose job to open up a deviated septum to where you could breathe better.

    ReplyDelete