Thursday, August 30, 2012

Am I Blue?

This week I am reading Am I Blue? The book is a collection of stories about being gay, lesbian, and the many other things you could be. Most of the stories talk about people who are afraid to come out or bullied because they are out. A lot of friends I have are gay or tired to be gay in the past. I don't judge them because of this I just seem them for who they are and they are amazing. People shouldn't be bullied because they are different than other people.

My favorite short story from the book is by Bruce Coville. It's about a kid who hasn't told anyone he's gay yet and gets beaten up when he does. He then gets a Fairy Godfather who died from being beaten up because he was gay. The Fairy Godfather turns everyone that is gay blue. Almost everyone they see has some type of blue tint to them. He then sees that its okay to be different and accepts himself for who he is.

Am I Blue? 8/30/2012 http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1174839631l/444525.jpg


I think it is important to love yourself for who you are and not to neglect telling people about yourself.Being yourself is the best thing you could do right now because this time is really when people will learn to like you for who you are not what you act like.

Some people in our class right now are having trouble getting this through their heads. They act so rude and basically bully everyone that isn't in their clique. I mean like seriously grow up and get out of middle school and act like you have some sense. Sometimes I seriously wonder about these people and what made them so rude to people. That connot be seriously how they act in real life around their parents.

Being You. 8/30/2012 http://positivelypresent.typepad.com//.a/6a011168668cad970c0148c864b14f970c-400wi


Its important for you to be simply you and not worry about pleasing anyone, people will love you for who you are.

YOURSELF 8/30/12012 http://gunnarsimonsen.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/beyourself.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment